Essential Job Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions, Duties & Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Safely and efficiently setup and operate equipment to maximize daily productivity and quality
- Provide resolution to diverse scope of problems that may arise at job site
- Carry out basic maintenance of equipment, including lubricating and cleaning and report any mechanical issues to manager
- Mobilize equipment, including loading, unloading, setup and tear down
- Demonstrate courtesy and professionalism when working directly with customers, vendors/suppliers and subcontractors
- Take direction easily and respect changes in priorities and timing as requested by manager
- Perform other duties as assigned with positive attitude
- Perform all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and use appropriate safety equipment following all Miss Utility Laws
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 1-year experience with operating UG equipment and/or similar heavy equipment (backhoe, trencher, plow) in various conditions
- CDL Driver’s License or Commitment to obtain one once in the position
- Must be able to work in a team environment with excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working outdoors in varying elements
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Safe performance record
- Clean driving record
- Able to pass pre-employment as well as random company drug testing
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
SMCiS offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance with dental and vision coverage, as well as offering life insurance. SMCiS proudly offers a 401K package with a company match program.
It is the policy of SMC Infrastructure Solutions to provide equal employment opportunity and to make all employment-related decisions without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and expression, personal appearance, familial status or source of income status, as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other legally protected status or characteristic.
This policy applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, layoff or termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.