SMC Infrastructure Solutions https://www.smcis.com https://www.smcis.com/wp-content/themes/SMC/img/logo-small.svg
FLSA: Full-time, Non-exempt
Location: Tidewater Virginia Region
This position is for an experienced Low Voltage Telecom Estimator who is a driven team player. This position requires demonstrable previous experience in ISP & OSP Telecommunications (Electronic Security background is a plus but not required). Candidates must be able to work with extreme focus and efficiency.
Essential Job Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Estimating and pricing the labor, equipment and material costs to deliver on project scope and specifications
- Interface and follow up with clients
- Generate project leads through business development
- Communicate job requirements, inclusions and exclusions to Project Managers
- Produce accurate, detailed estimates from drawings
- Assess site conditions and be able to appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate
- Identify constructability issues through the estimating process
- Identify value-engineering alternatives
- Produce detailed project submittal and closeout packages.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 5 – 10 years experience with ISP & OSP low voltage projects
- Demonstrated success with estimating complex projects, including sourcing of vendor partners, materials take-offs and labor estimates
- Demonstrated involvement with projects of broad scope and scale.
- Strong math and analytical skills, as well as the ability to perform with high level of repeatable accuracy.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple project estimates concurrently while meeting deadlines.
- Prior experience estimating Government projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Bluebeam
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, strong organization skills and high level of accuracy
- Candidates are required to have satisfactory driving record
- Ability to pass pre-employment as well as random company drug testing